Immer Treu
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Immer Treu Sustainability Project

4 posters

Go down

Immer Treu Sustainability Project Empty Immer Treu Sustainability Project

Post  Valdareian Thu Apr 28, 2011 1:10 pm

Galen wrote:Hello Immer Treu family!

Again we bring to you another Immer Treu specialty. Did you think we were done at helping animals?
Since we've been open for some time, why not go ahead and open our sustainability project in addition to our endangered animal program? So, we did. After a lot of careful planning, we have decided to release our project to the public!

What does this mean?

What it means is, our site will be more eco friendly. We will have contests to draw the Guardian doing something related to being eco friendly, with prizes, poses and more!
Better still, some of the admins will be picking up trash/cans they see from the side of the road to help reduce litter, and possible deaths of animals (uncut plastic rings, poisonous things they may swallow, etc.)! We also will start recycling more and more, to help make a better community of the world. Greave and I have already began to take back plastics, cans, and anything we can to recycle. And what do we do with the money? We don't keep it to ourselves, we begin to save it to go to special causes! We'll still give to the endangered animals, some to the site, and other trustworthy places related!

This sounds pretty interesting, what if I want to join? Do I get anything?

Yes! By showing our appreciation, we will give premades/customs depending on how much is donated.

• A 50x50 pixel for every $1.50 donated.
  • An avatar for every $2.00 donated.
  • Pose grayscale (premade) for every $3.00 donated.
  • A custom every $5.00 donated.

Of course, these will vary to change. With more money donated, we might include bundles (EX: $10 = 2 custom poses, 2 avatars, 3 pixels, 3 premades etc. etc.). We will of course provide proof to everyone to show where the money is going!
Of course when this takes off (nothing is expected to right away), there will be more things, like craft made items, and if it goes REALLY well, t-shirts might be in question!
We hope you enjoy this as much as we do, saving the Earth, getting out on nice days, and doing something good!
Valdareian
Valdareian
Creator

http://soundlessinsanity.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Immer Treu Sustainability Project Empty Re: Immer Treu Sustainability Project

Post  Voidrae Thu Apr 28, 2011 1:37 pm

Awesome! I'll also keep this in mind when designing new themes for IT, as darker themes use less electricity than bright ones. It's true! http://blackle.com/ uses this concept in their environmentally-friendly google search :)
Voidrae
Voidrae
Head of Events

http://voidrae.mesozoicoutpost.com

Back to top Go down

Post  neonlight Wed May 04, 2011 10:43 pm

I'll start to, well, really I've been doing it since 09, my Laptop is set to power saver, and when not chargeing, the charger is un pluged. It has a dim screen, and my profomence sucks, but it cuts down on battery useage. If all user set thier computers to low power, we may save 70% of waste from plants. It as back-up power sources incase needed. I have more ideas! If in the day, don't run your lights, if its cool, why have the AC on? And why always plug you phone up to gharge, I can use mine for a month on one charge. My paper waste is reused via quick notes, and news paper, dries better than paper towls! Thats another cut down. I heat my food when its cool with a heated blanket, it uses less power than a microwave! Well, mine does. Another BIG cut down, always use fans for cool air, use the AC as a fast cool. I have two fans by my bed, they only run at night, are are powered off or set on low during the day. This summer, I will have to leave them on low. And feeding animals, I throw my leftovers out to cats we have outside, so we spend less on cat food. I hate seeing them have to work just to eat. We have holes, in our floors, thier covered with pizza boxes. If we all could be this smart, we might lower the heat trapped by the sun. Leading to less AC run time later on!

P.S: Good luck with the trash and stuff.
neonlight
neonlight
Stranger

Back to top Go down

Immer Treu Sustainability Project Empty RE: Immer True sustainability Project

Post  soul-reaper Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:24 am

cool! this is just the right thing for me i ve always been interested in savving animals that need help and ive been helping the inviorment to by recycling paper cans plastic bottles and more also by saving electrical energy
i ve been planing to use solar panles my house and i have been planing a way for everyone to reduce the power of enery we use
soul-reaper
soul-reaper
Stranger

Back to top Go down

Immer Treu Sustainability Project Empty RE: Immer True sustainability Project

Post  soul-reaper Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:15 am

where could i donate the money to help our enviorment and animals
soul-reaper
soul-reaper
Stranger

Back to top Go down